01 March 2005

"March comes in like a lion, what else; still the snow never melts..."

How I long for spring to come, to break the monotony of scraping my car, driving through slush, and discovering a ring of dried-roadsalt around the bottom of my trouser legs, after my feet getting wet as I traipse through heaps of snow. ~sigh~

There are brief moments when the snow is beautiful and the way the snowflakes flutter to the ground gives me a deeper sense of enjoyment...and really I need to be more thankful for it, for some people never have seen snow. But then again, they've never had to scrape their car or bundle up for 4-5 months straight either.

You know, I want to be a missionary to some far-off country...But Lord, please don't send me to Siberia! I'd rather go to Africa!

I know I complain too much...but the perpetual coldness of my fingers and toes really gets to me. ~sigh~

On a positive note...I did see the most amazing sunrise recently. I was driving to work in the dark bluish-white haze of an overcast pre-dawn morning, I saw this glaring red light in the East. Shocked and astounded, I realized it was the SUN, peeking through a slit in the morning clouds. To verify it was really the sun...I parked my car, got out and ran to see it better. Indeed it was the sun, and the red displayed in the sun was the same color as the red in the traffic light that stood between me and the East. I don't think I've ever seen such a red in the morning sun, or perhaps it was because everything around me was a winter-white that the sun's red seemed so dramatic. Anyway, it was thrilling and beautiful. A part of winter that I enjoyed.

Now, I gotta figure out how to warm up my hands...

1 Comments:

At 01 March, 2005 08:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jack ...

You know what Leggy says about red suns rising...

;)

-tollers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home