these times they are a-changing
In the morning hours driving to work, rain pattering on my windows, the orange sun-rays breaking through in cloud openings, I saw the first signs of the changing seasons...orange-red-yellow of autumn beginning to overtake the green leaves of summer.It's inevitable, I know, and I do love the autumn season, but I have enjoyed summer, even with all its intense heat and humidity. I feel I've hardly enjoyed summertime, been to the beach only a few times, stopped to enjoy a sunset or warm evening walk only seldom in the midst of life.
And now fall is upon us rather soon, students return to school, life takes on a more "normal" pace (perhaps), the hours of daylight wane. And you begin to buckle down again for what the next season brings.
Change...
Something I long for, but when it comes down to it, at the end of the day, even I resist things changing from what I know and have grown comfortable with. And so, I seek God and what He desires for me, as seasons begin to change again, perhaps in more way than one. It is a grand adventure, following Him, and I look to Him for continued wisdom and guidance in the midst of life's seasons.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home