03 March 2005

Traditions for generations to come

I was chatting with my friend EmZ whose family I lived with in England. Let me tell you, God works! I'm so proud of the maturity I've seen in her life and faith in God. Lots of faith-growing things happening in her teenage life right now, and it's beautiful to see the work of Christ obvious in her heart. The GOSPEL is AWESOME!!!!

Well, we were talking about boys and marriage (as is normal both for girls and for teens)...and her advice for me was:

"but i think...that b4 u find a guy...u need to pik a cuntry to live in wether it be america england ireland scotland romania africa austrailia canada indonesia balblah blah"

To which I laughed and responded that I want to live in all of them...so she said...

"well pik one to stay in for more than 2 n a half yeers first."

So I said, South Africa, then Indonesia, then some South American country, then Eastern Europe...working my way around the globe. Anyway, all this to say, I proposed to EmZ that we carry on the tradition established by her parents, and when I get married and have kids and live in some other country, that she should come live with me and help with my kids. What fun that'd be! And EmZ replied the same:

"so just like u came to stay in my room then id come n stay in ur daughters room wen im 23 n then u tell her that wen she grows up she has to do the same thing with my daughter...and it will continue till the end of the ages"

So, from henceforth, let it be remembered that faithfulwherever and EmZ have made a pact to continue the tradition of welcoming each others' descendents into our cross-cultural homes until the end of the ages. So be it! May the Lord be gracious and remember His servants and be faithful to all His promises, and may we be faithful to Him with our lives, wherever He may take us on this earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home