19 September 2005

48-hours of matrimonial mayhem

Well, it's done and over. Perhaps life can get back to normal and I'll be able to focus on something else, and get my life balanced and structured again.

And it wasn't even my wedding!

But it was beautiful and enjoyable (for the most part!) and fun. My little sister has a new last name and I have a new brother. Fun times.

From Thursday after work until Saturday evening after the wedding, I was running around being the responsible and organized maid of honor, making sure everything ran smoothly and made my sister - the bride - happy. I hope I did well enough.

And most exciting for me, I caught the bouquet! haha! Not just la-de-dah caught it, but it was an athletic feat that I caught it, for I was in the center of the pack, and I leapt (the short 5'3" that I am) above everyone else's heads and hands, to reach and grab the bunch of flowers before anyone else had their hands upon it...it was mine, my own, my PRECIOUS! :-)

Something crazy and determined came over me and gave me incredible energy and powers to leap so high and surprise everyone else...(perhaps shoving them out of the way, even, sorry ladies)...but I was very proud of myself for the accomplishment. I didn't punch anyone or rip it from others' hands, but it was all mine! Minus a few of the flowers, that got crushed in my endeavor to lay hold of the treasure...fun times! :-) Hope perhaps the "luck" or myth of the bouquet-catcher comes to fruition, but I'm not basing all my hopes on some silly flowers. I'm just super thrilled to have actually been energetic enough (after the crazy 48 hours of mayhem before that) to leap above the rest and make it mine! :-)

alright. back to normal life, and the daily habit of work. I think I'm either going to elope or wait a long while before I get married. Of course, some things need to happen before either eloping or planning a wedding, so I'll be content being single for now. Insanity!

4 Comments:

At 20 September, 2005 16:36, Blogger Big Chaille Fish said...

Your such a good writer and describer. I had fun reading you post. And be patient your time will come. I know that's hard to hear from an 18 year old but it will. Keep up the great job of living your life so that it is pleasing to God. When do the two love birds come back any how? So are you well rested up now? I went to bed at 8 on sat. and slep until 7:45 sun. I was pooped. But it was a blast. I hope you are doing well. Take care and God Bless.

 
At 20 September, 2005 18:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on surviving your own chaos. We should have a maid-of-honor-off and see who can juggle emotional people and packed agendas better. My money's on you. (Is it bad to bet against yourself?) I am just not (traditional) or assistant. I keep thinking, does it really MATTER that the bride and groom have "sides" of the aisle? Does it really, in the end, eternally, MATTER if something is white or ivory? And who the heck knows the difference? Crazy things.

Anyway, kudos, and get lots of rest.

 
At 21 September, 2005 09:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Part of my post got eaten. "I am just not" should be "I am just not (traditional) wedding material, even as prop or assistant."

 
At 25 September, 2005 16:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Faith, that catch-the-bouquet leap sounds like DESPERATION to me! :)
Happy memories to all the family.
We miss you.
Love, Lyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home