24 May 2005

"the well-worn path of female conversation"

Several hours Sunday night and several more on Monday has evoked this phrase (titling this post) from the lips of Kristin (from my house church) in the course of our deliberations regarding the opposite sex, human relationships, love, etc etc etc.

Without sharing the unnecessary details on this public blog, we didn't figure anything out, to be exact. But sometimes, it's just good to talk through things (even talking them over and over)...to realize that it's not strange to desire and long for and wonder about that "one relationship" of marriage and how in the world that may happen...or to wrestle with contentment and desire and the time of waiting that God seems to have me in...or to think hard about the realities of life, marriage and the fact that no matter how fulfilling a marriage partner may be there will always be those holes that ONLY Christ can fill...or to examine my life and goals and passions and to continue in the course with or without a life partner, as difficult and frustrating as that may be...and to acknowledge the fear of being alone, unprotected, unloved, insecure and recognize that truly, even a man can't be at all times, all those things, perfectly, and only Christ can and promises to be a shield, defender, shelter, stronghold, lover, always with me...

With much more discussed, we bemoaned the modern culture, the plight of the modern woman, especially those who are "between" college graduation and wedding ceremony...who must forge their own lives and are forced to be independent and capable and act like they have it all together, but (for me, and I'm sure many others) don't want to HAVE to live like this, and while they want to been respected and seen as capable and stable, also desire that they can be allowed to be weak and not suffer for it, because they (desire to) have someone who will compensate and be the strength.

Anyway, such is my path that I tread and wrestle with, and I do apologize for blocking comments to this post, but that's my way of "being strong" and protecting my heart from "well-wishers" or "Christian-wisdom" (thanks, but I think I've heard it all). If you'd like to discuss this more, you can always email me. :-) [side note: I have allowed one comment, as a backup of my reasoning why I have disallowed comments! lol!!! Thanks Topher!]

0 Comments:

<< Home