03 May 2005

like favourite summer clothes after a long winter

To be here...England, Sheffield, with these people dear to my heart...the ease at coming back is unreal, like I never left, though things have changed and life rolled on. I've easily picked up and carried on with the relationships here. So strange to me...why so easy here? Perhaps because I am only visiting here. Perhaps because who I am here revives when I am here, and lies dormant everywhere else. Interesting...

Rundown of the last 3 days...
Saturday...rainy and sunny
arrived Manchester 10am, met by Iranian friends and their darling baby
drove through Snake Pass in the Peak District, heart nearly stopped at the beauty
came to Bodes, unpacked a bit
went charity-shop shopping with Anna and Judith (got some great scarves!)
dinner at Bodes with Chesters (minus Tim)
watching Veggie Tales, I fell asleep
Sunday....rainy and sunny
went to TCH Sharrowvale, surprised several people
lunch at Stovells, Gospel chats with Andy and Anna
TCH Sharrow! Singing, talking, learning, hugs...wonderful time of family togetherness
Monday...rainy and sunny
slept in :-) prayer meeting and lunch
went to Mt Pleasant Park with Fiona, Gospel chats and coffee, but rain chased us back inside
walked up to Chesters with Phil and Janelle for BBQ and Gospel Chats
Monday night hangout with People Up-at Bodes, and Gospel Chats
...
Tea is fantastic
Toast is lovely
Love the rain...it tipped it down yesterday
Almost got hit by a car...forgot which way to look when crossing
Enjoying the cultures, accents and variety
Must sign off, much too much to do to sit at a computer all day!

T'ra Duck!

5 Comments:

At 03 May, 2005 08:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whee heeeeeeeeeee! I feel like I'm there. Several of the things you listed were things that you and I did in my first few days there. :-) I love being able to picture it...

SOOO glad you're feeling so much at home...continuing to pray for...everything.

Who did you surprise at Sharrowvale???! :-) How is everyone??? Tell them all hello for me!!!!!!

T'ra!

 
At 03 May, 2005 08:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

faith! faith! i miss you! come back! i need you here! :) i'm glad you're having a good time and i'm glad you are posting too! it's nice to hear about what you're doing. have a great trip, see you next wednesday...

 
At 03 May, 2005 23:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you! You are doing just what I pictured in my mind. Mix some communication, dear relationships, nature, tea, and gospel chats all together and what do you have? One happy girl!

So glad your days are full and dear to your heart.

Glad you have a plane ticket home!

Love to all

 
At 04 May, 2005 16:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

deery lou!! your gona be leaving so soon n all!! thats awful :( we rely need to hang out soon tho...hope ur havin a nice time out with catrina!!

 
At 05 May, 2005 02:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Faith.

I'm so glad you're having such a good time. I'm so pleased for you that you feel so at ease there again.

xbrooke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home