Pictorial Journey to England
Here are my photos from my trip to Sheffield...I did so many things and saw many people, but could only capture some of them via photo, and I'm sharing them with any who may be interested in my journey there and back again, again. :-)
I arrived in Manchester and was collected by dear friends and their darling baby. I met up with so many friends, including Catriona and Debbie from Uni and Jen from Tesco. This was taken just for my Tollers, in honor of LOTR....laaambaaasssss.
My girls had fun doing what they do best...being random and silly!
Me and Anna
Me and Emily
Me and Katie
Me and Wendy
Me and Bethany
Me and Hannah
And the boys can be silly as well.
I got to be there when Amer's bride Shazia finally was able to come. We celebrated with a welcoming party and they wore their wedding party clothes. What a cute couple! They made curry for lunch, I helped with the chapatti bread, and Shazia decorated my hands with Henna.
My dear sister and brother Samuel and Fiona.
As ever, I was welcomed "home" by my second family, the Bodes.
And a thrilling day in the Peak District. The camera can capture a little, but the awe-inspiring, unbelievable beauty that surrounded me out there...just cannot be anything but experienced. You can follow my path as I walked through Castleton and through Winnats Pass up to Mam Tor, over the ridgetops to Loose Hill and through the surrounding countryside for a good three hour ramble...Click through my photos at my flikr photo site (click on PREVIOUS photo each time and that will give you the Chronological order of my hike) first picture
My favourite photo of the day, though difficult to say which, because they're all amazing...is this self-portrait over the valley below, probably my favourite, mostly because I know how I was feeling at that moment...fully alive! Fav just scenic is this Golden Valley.
And a final farewell...one last glimpse of the Peaks from my plane...until next time!


3 Comments:
BRILLIANT! (And it's appropriate that I'm the first to comment, since I was mentioned--by my alias--in this entry ... woohoooo!)
I *thought* my favorite picture was going to be the one titled "curry" ... but, alas, you didn't show the REALLY IMPORTANT part in the curry photo: namely, the curry. (No offense Amer and Shazia! =))
You look beautiful, and alive (as you say), and don't do a thing to your hair, I love it the shade and length it is. The Peaks photos were gorgeous, but I'm sure you'll understand that the little glimpses of such very English streets in the background of some photos evoked just as much nostalgia to me!
Cheers, luv.
Some of those Peak District photos are so beautiful, they could be framed and hung in houses everywhere. I want to walk in a place of such beauty!
Your pictures of England are fantastic!!! They should be framed and sold. I can tell how much you love and enjoy the people there. You looked so alive but tired too in some photos from cramming soooo much into a short amount of time.
I am envious of your trip and want you to take me there some time.
Love,
Aunt Linda
Post a Comment
<< Home