Oh to have God's perspective on life and love
What looks like failure is success
What looks like poverty is riches
When what is true looks more like a knife
It looks like your killing me, but you're saving my life
And I give myself to what looks like love
And I sell myself for what feels like love
And I pay to get what is not love
And all just because, I see things upside-down
What looks like weakness can do anything
What looks like foolishness is understanding
When what is powerful has not come to fight
It looks like your going to war, but you lay down your life
And I give myself to what looks like love
And I sell myself for what feels like love
And I pay to get what is not love
And all just because, I see things upside-down
What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
And I say I don't know you, but you say 'It's Finished'
When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
And I say I don't know you, but you say 'It's Finished.'
Derek Webb - What Is Not Love


1 Comments:
Had to be the first to comment on a Derek Webb song. Yeah baby!
And also knowing the underlying circumstances.
Hang on and be glad to be as you are. There's a whole lot of strife we're being spared from, except that I am in on it by merit of friendship with some who are going through it.
If that's vague as mud, let me say that "What looks like doubly blessed, may be doubly cursed."
Any virtue can be a vice, as my Dad would say.
Cheery stuff.
(But I love you.)
Post a Comment
<< Home