ten reasons why I voted
It wasn't the savvy, smooth talk of politicians that convinced me, nor even the vociferous complaints of my family when I said I didn't care about voting, nor the fact that I couldn't really be bothered to cast a vote that probably wouldn't matter anyway...but it was by enlarging my view to take in the world around me and realize my freedom, rights and privileges to vote, and to not take that for granted. So I did my civic duty, though jaded and cynical about government being able to really change that much about the state of our nation and world. Here are some of the reasons why:

- I didn't have to worry when I went to bed that I'd wake up to a country in chaos and anarchy.
- My thumbs wouldn't be dyed blue for a week showing that I voted.
- I wasn't concerned that there might be a terrorist bomb at my polling location.
- I didn't have to maneuver through riots in the streets to go vote.
- I am a woman and have the right and privilege to vote.
- The Write-In Candidate option...FR, that's for you!...Need I say more? :-)
- I actually got the right to say who I wanted in office, and it might actually impact the results.
- I trust election operations (though sketchy at times) to be fairly accurate and not rigged.
- The losing candidates might be disappointed or even upset, but they probably wouldn't assassinate the winners.
- I got a cool sticker.
3 Comments:
Yay FR! I think I almost won because of you :) I got the sticker, too. I'd do a lot of things for the chance to have a sticker. That's enough motivation for me :)
Excellent choice to vote! Loved the blog. Gave a bigger picture of it all. Yes, most of my choices lost, but they are still alive and can love their families and not fear assassination.
...and you saved the doves from being target practice for trigger-happy hunters.
From guess who?
Post a Comment
<< Home