25 March 2005

Fly this Girl as high as you can into the Wild Blue...

I'm so excited! Tomorrow, weather depending, I'll be cruising the skies of Michigan in a little airplane. Some friends of mine are studying mission aviation and invited me to come for a ride while they get some hours built up. I have my digital camera all ready and my spirits are set to soar. It's been too long since I've been in an airplane, and I've been itching to fly somewhere, even if only in circles over my city and region. I wonder if he'll let me fly a bit! Anyway, I'm just a tad excited.

Something I'm really thankful for today is Internet! I'm able to chat with friends scattered across the globe and stay connected. Being such a communications person, that means a lot to me. Plus it's just fun to be able to talk with someone so far away who otherwise I wouldn't be able to....of course, I also IM people a room away! haha - ah well...technology and communications...gotta love it.

It's the weekend again, to which I'm happy. Busy again (go figure that!) It's Easter weekend, which I haven't thought much or deeply about it being a holiday yet. I'm going to an Easter drama tonight, so perhaps that will get me thinking. But truly, I try to live my life with Christ central always anyway, so Easter isn't necessarily something "extra special" or something "more Christian" to me, because I seek to live the rest of my year in light of the cross and empty tomb anyway. Not saying I don't like Easter (or any other holiday) but just that I aim for my life to be always Christ-focused, to live out in my day-to-day life the message emphasized more on Easter, that Jesus IS life.

I also have a wonderful opportunity this weekend for Gospel outreach to several local refugee families. I look forward to relationships built and hopefully friendships established and continued, and praying for the love of Jesus to be real in me and shown to the dear people I'll meet.

Well, the sun is shining and it's 34 degrees Fahrenheit. I think it may snow today, but I won't mind it so much, because I know next week's forecast is getting up into the 50's! yay! Hooray for spring!

2 Comments:

At 26 March, 2005 09:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 26 March, 2005 09:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaaa ul prob be soaring the sky rite this minute!! how SPECTACULARLY exiting!!!!!! :D hope you have lots of fun :)
happy easter!
dad and daniel r on this MASSIVE 2 day walk with some of the guyz from tch. us girls and mum r going with kerry n kids n angie n ruth n ppl to a chinese buffet in a bit as an easter "celebration" lolz u met all of them didnt you?? well kerrys japanese akita (dog) had 10 puppies today and more may b on the way :D
wel thats enuf byebyexxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home