Kiss Me I'm Irish
I love Shamrock shakes from McDonalds.The most memorable St. Patrick's Day I remember from childhood is one year when our crawlspace/basement was infected with skunks, and we had people come and spray them out. Well, we had to go stay in a motel, and forgot that the next day was St Patty's and had no green to wear to school. I don't remember if we were pinched or not, probably, but that's not the vivid memory. That was quite a long time ago.
Last year I was in the great city of Sheffield on St Patty's Day. They have a great big Guinness tent set up in the city centre and Irish music and stuff. I remember walking around with my friends Irish Catriona and Debbie (or was it Jane?). Anywho, don't recall what we did, 'cept had a good time.
I love Shamrock shakes from McDonalds...did I say that already?
Ireland is a great place. If you've never been, you should go. It does rain a lot, but it sure is enchanting.
When babysitting a few weeks ago I was reading a story about Ireland, and put on (I do say so myself) a quite nice Irish accent. Even so much so as the little girl I babysat later asked me to read in that same voice. :-)
I think Guinness is gross, personally, though the saying goes, "A Guinness a day..."
I do think that the imitation Irish pubs round here are quite authentic and enjoyable.
My family heritage can be traced back to the British Isles...quite fascinating really, I may even be able to find the grave my ancestors in Derby, England (right close to Sheffield!) and Biggar, Scotland. (Still have more research to do in Ireland). That's right exciting!
Well, top o' the afternoon to ya, I best be signin off.
I love Shamrock shakes from McDonalds! :-) Might just get one before the day is done.


2 Comments:
ya know....i dnt remember what shamrok shakes taste like!!!!! :( how sad is THAT???
"I love Minas Tirith."
"Nah, you've said that."
Post a Comment
<< Home