thoughts on the LORDSHIP of Christ
"The LORD is my Shepherd"Probably the most known Psalm is the 23rd. How many times I've read it, and yet, one part struck me in a new way recently:
...Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me...
The Shepherd's rod and staff are for discipline, rescue, direction, security, leadership...recently, as I've been inviting the Lordship of Christ more into my life, I have been made to face some discipline and heart-piercing revelations about how I've been living. While it's been painful, I have felt a calming comfort all the while, knowing that it's my LORD at work doing what I've invited Him to do. And in it, I feel closer and more love for my Shepherd. His rescue from myself. His direction and leadership as I traverse this rocky path of life. Security in knowing He is near and watching over me. My LORD, My Shepherd, He comforts me.
"...And Crown Him LORD of all"
A great hymn of the faith, but what does it mean...I looked up the song on the Internet, and found a really old version(probably the original wording)...even more confusing than what we sang today. But the words struck me as quite powerful. It's a very Kingly song, a call to honor the King, the LORD, sounds very much like a call to worship, or what you'd imagine would be played at a coronation ceremony or banquet or anything really for the King. Ponder these words:
All hail the power of Jesus' name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
bring forth the royal diadem...
You chosen seed of
you ransomed from the fall,
hail him who saves you by his grace...
Let every kindred, every tribe
on this terrestrial ball,
to him all majesty ascribe...
we at his feet may fall!
We'll join the everlasting song...AND CROWN HIM LORD OF ALL!!!!!
There's just something that rings powerfully true about that song, and deeply significant in the singing, for again, in the submitting to Christ's Lordship, I am seeing things with new eyes and in new ways that have given me a greater freedom and desire to proclaim: "YES! The power of Jesus' Name! YES! Ransomed from the fall! YES! Every kindred, every tribe! YES! Joining the everlasting song! YES YES! Crown Him LORD of ALL!!!!"
"Jesus our LORD is crucified"
Mourning for my sins, confessing how my disobedience has placed Christ on the cross, how He gladly laid down His own life for the sake of saving me, the great sorrow that it's my fault, and that confessing Jesus as my LORD is linked with the fact that I take the grace of God in that Jesus took the blame for all my sins. I put my LORD on that cross.
But OH what joy! What unbelievable wonder - my LORD still loves me!
How deep the Father's love for us! How vast beyond all measure!
That He should give His only Son, to make a wretch His treasure!
How great the pain of searing loss, the Father turns His face away.
As wounds which mar the Chosen One bring many sons to glory.
Behold the Man upon the cross, my sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life. I know that it is finished.
I will not boast in anything, no gifts, no power, no wisdom.
But I will boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart: His wounds have paid my ransom!
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart"
...And don't trust in your own understanding. In everything, all you do, acknowledge the LORDSHIP of Christ, and He WILL direct your paths. Simple but profound directive, and why do we struggle with it so much? It can revolutionize life, to fully trust the LORD. Here are other directives I found reading in Jeremiah, relating to trusting the LORD, our hearts, and direction:
Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. ~ 6:16
"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD. ~ 9:23-24
I know, O LORD, that a man's (woman's) life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. Correct me, LORD but only with justice - not in your anger, lest You reduce me to nothing. ~ 10:23-24
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve." ~ 17:9-10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think I am beginning to rediscover what it means to make Jesus your LORD and Savior. It means freedom from self, freedom from worry, freedom to trust and obey, freedom to love God more fully and deeply, freedom to understand that where God has me is the center of His will, and as long as my eyes are on Him, it doesn't matter so much where I am (or am not) or what's happening (or not happening), but it matters only that I'm with my LORD. And in that, is peace, comfort, joy and hope!


1 Comments:
Wow, He's been teaching you some amazing things lately. Thank you for posting them, to His greater glory. Your words have made me love my Lord more--something I was asking the Holy Spirit to do in me, just this morning.
I praise Him for the fact that all that you said about Him is true, and that He has done a great work to reveal anew these truths to you, and for what those truths are doing in your life, and for the ripple-effect they are now beginning to have in mine.
Love you, dear friend,
Post a Comment
<< Home