25 January 2006

songs are the theme these days, it seems...

Death Came and Got Me
by Rosie Thomas

I can't, I can't stop crying

Every day I'm so afraid, afraid of dying
But death already came and got me
Cuz I'm not living, I'm not living anyway

And who am I supposed to be?
Everybody seems to see except for me
Who cares anyway?
Cuz when it's over, it's all over, what you gain you throw away

When will love ever find me?
All my life all I have craved is to be seen
Who cares anyway?
Cuz when it's over, all that matters is the love you gave away


~FYI~I'm not as morbid and depressive as this song seems to initially portray...you have to hear it and feel it to understand. But it does pose common 20-something questions and frustrations, and the resolve to live and love well. Just random thoughts and conversations and ponderings that seem to be articulated well in this beautiful song by a fantastic artist, Rosie Thomas (which fyi, she's currently recording some music with Sufjan Stevens, a childhood schoolmate of mine from Northern Michigan...here's a good interview with Rosie). Thanks to Troy and Kristin for introducting me to Rosie's music! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home