morning after an ice storm
In my memory of ice storms, the day after is an amazingly sunny day. Everything glistens. The clear layer of ice on trees is shining glass, radiating a glorious brightness that is simply unmatched. I love it. Makes my face glow and blinds me with the warming winter sun.Since reading Andy Stov's blog awhile back, I found the Caedmon's Call song he referred to, and recently found the guitar chords and have been humming and strumming that excellent song.
Thy Mercy my God is the theme of my song.
The joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue
Your free grace alone from the first to the last
Has won my affection and bound my soul fast...
In this, my 25th year, I am reading and thinking on Psalm 25, a hope-filled and Christ-focused Psalm. Enjoying its influence on how I think this year. Placing my hope where it belongs, in God. Read Psalm 25 (ESV) on Bible Gateway
Last weekend was a bit rough as I wrestled with self and emotion and doubts. Exhausting. But as He does, God met me right where I was and spoke gently to my heart exactly at my point of need, through the teaching at Mars Hill, called the Quest for Contentment. Listen to the Mars Hill's Sunday teaching by Jeff Manion
On those hope-filled and encouraging thoughts I leave you this glorious Friday morning. I'm excited about my weekend. It's been about 5 weeks since I've had time to just be, and that's what I intend to do this weekend. I have a lot to think and process through as I reflect on these 2 months of 2006 so far and the coming months ahead in 2006. Have a great weekend!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home