01 August 2006

very american thing to do

Monday afternoon hit...boredom, longing for the enjoyment and fun of the weekend past, in a daze from the over 100 F (near 40 C) degree weather....Hannah IM'd me with one simple question..."What are you doing tonight?" and proceeded to tell me of an opportunity to do something I've never done before.

Now, I don't claim to be a girly-girl, but I've been trying to explore my feminine side lately. It's been interesting, to say the least, but I think I'm discovering good things about myself in the process...but that's beside the point...back to my story...

(I'm almost certain that my British friends won't understand this, but, since it is a true fact that I am an American, it's simply an American thing to do, I guess.) It was Ladies night (ladies got in for free) at the local "Silver Bullet" an indoor shooting range. Guns. Targets. Flying shells. Me behind a 22 pistol.

And it was fun! haha! And I wasn't too bad either!

One of the new aspects of my feminine side, it appears, seems to be learning gun control and obtaining a skill that might be needed (hopefully not) in the future. Or at least, it involves trying out new things and finding that I might just like it...not that shootin guns is all that girly, but it's a new thing. And I really liked feeling the power in a pistol...and seeing that my aim's not all that bad! (don't worry, I'm not going to sign up to be a sniper or anything...but Ruth suggested I'd be good at airsoft...hmmm)

Hannah captured some photos of our quite thrilling new adventure. (she was even more geeked about it than I!)

me being a girly-girl (haha!)
girly

before shootin...with our equipment and ammo
before shootin

me with a gun...scary!
shootin

target practice...watch out people!
dont mess

us with our finished targets...fun times! Click to see a larger image...
targetpractice 005

4 Comments:

At 01 August, 2006 10:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! I don't own a handgun yet, but if you ever want to shoot something a bit bigger (Naomi owns a .410 single-shot shotty, and I have a 12 gauge pump), let us know :) Skeet shooting is a blast! Oh, and we have access to a .22 rifle (with a scope, so you can test your sniping abilities!)

My neighbor and I have wanted to go down to the silver bullet but haven't had the time yet. We'd probably shoot the 9mm or the .40 size, though ;)

So, when are you going to play airsoft with Paul and me and the gang? :)

Have a great day!

 
At 01 August, 2006 13:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Security in this office park is a joke. Last year, I came to work with my spud gun in a duffel bag. I sat at my desk all day, with a rifle that shoots potatoes at 60 pounds per square inch. Can you imagine if I was deranged?"

-Dwight Schrute "The Office"

 
At 01 August, 2006 15:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith:
I think you should do judo or self defense. You could be a black belt.
G-ma f

 
At 04 August, 2006 09:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur right, we don't understand!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home