life happenings of late...
1. Work - After much thinking, prayer, discussions and decisions, I'll be finishing out my time at Mission Network News come January 1, 2007. We'll end it with a bang as the whole MNN staff will be going to Urbana 2006. It's a massive student missions convention in St Louis, Missouri, put on by InterVarsity Christian Fellowship. We'll be there as media personnel, and I'll be toting a microphone and gathering comments/interviews/sound bites to use in our broadcasting. It'll be a great time, a great way to finish out nearly 2 1/2 years of incredible opportunities, learning, growth and investment. What's next you may ask? It's a secret! haha...even to me. :-) Not entirely, though, I have lists of things to do and people to see...a list that's been on hold for the length of my career job (which I admit, isn't really that long in comparison to "career" jobs, but it's a long time in comparison to anything else I've done in my adult life). So I'm looking forward to a bit of "down time" although I'm almost sure I'll hardly sit still, perhaps "free time" is a better word. Freedom to invest and give and serve in ways that make me come alive and contribute to the needs of others in the Body of Christ. Pray for me in this transition...for direction, wisdom, finances (haha!) and focus. It'll be a new adventure, that's for sure.2. Seminary - It's been a not-so-productive semester in terms of my school work. I blame it on the fact that even from the start of the semester, school was not my priority. During the summer, I had begun to really live and invest in life and relationships and ministry, and I never was able to transition into school-mode (and haven't felt much remorse over it either). So I'm now at the end of the semester, with a massive amount of coursework that needs to be completed, and I still don't really care. hmmmm. I've enjoyed the classes and learning what I have, and don't consider the time wasted, not at all. But since I'm leaving the umbrella of Cornerstone University, I won't have the tuition-remission to fund more seminary classes, and so I don't feel compelled to stress over unfinished homework. Classes: Fail. Life: Pass. And, I'm okay with that.
3. Friends and Family - *The month of November went too fast, but held treasured times with my dear friend Moriah, who was back for a stopover between trips to South Asia. She leaves again in January and I'm contemplating a visit there! *Another farewell is soon approaching, as Jen and I are moving out of our Boltwood mansion, parting ways due to life transitions. Sad day. We've had riotous fun and laughter and good times and felt at home there. Thankful for such a great house and true friend and a blessed time together in this stage of our journeys. *We had a scare with my dad earlier this month, as he was having rather significant medical issues. But praise God for His healing and protection, and for laughter even in the midst of pain and fear and unknowns. *As always, my four nephews are darling and so loveable...and we recently found out that a little niece is on the way (via my older sister Joy) in April. *Thanksgiving was a circus...with 39 people (cousins, sisters' in-laws, friends, family and random others) gathered for food and fellowship. Definitely was different without my Grandma there, still an empty spot where her abundant-love-for-all once filled. Trying to fill in some of that hole for my Grandpa.
4. And, then...there's this guy...you'd think the transition from work-world to unemployment would be enough change for one season, but actually, the same week the decision to leave MNN happened, out of nowhere came the interest of one, John 'TJ' Watson, and I've been working through the transition from singleness to dating. Wow! Almost Unbelievable! Some things are more difficult than I had thought, but some are more amazing than I thought possible. It's been a crazy and fun adventure, and we're looking together toward Christ to give us direction and wisdom, taking each day as it comes. I'm thankful for God's gracious gift and learning to trust Him in it all.
So there's my newsy update! Hope you enjoyed it! As you enter this holiday season, don't forget to reflect on all the good things God has done in your life this day, this month, this year. (There are probably more good things than you think...heck, you're breathing aren't you? Take each breath as a gift from God, for it really is!) Enjoy your friends and family, invest in the present and in the future by investing in other people, live fully engaged in the place God has you in, and look to Him for your deepest treasure, pleasure and satisfaction. For HE really is.



2 Comments:
u 2 look cute!!!
Faith you are an encouregement to me. Al
Post a Comment
<< Home