15 April 2005

well now...what have I done?

So today's Friday, and boy, I'm happy about that. I'm perplexed though, because it seems that the week disappeared! It's a blur all that happened this week. And it was good stuff...let me try and recount it...

Sunday - went to church, did some homework for my EWI class, visited a non-Christian family dear to my heart, I think I took a nap, did some fun reading, went for a walk, and talked on the phone.

Monday - worked out in the weight room at CU before work, went to work at MNN, helped out at the Mars Hill GO office, went to my EWI class where we had to call the speaker and he lectured via phone because blizzards in Colorado cancelled his flight.

Tuesday - went to work, babysat for the same dear family I visited Sunday, watched American Idol, talked on the phone.

Wednesday - went to work, went to my MH house church, watched AI results show (which annoyingly was one hour long instead of the normal 1/2 hour, blast them!), watched Beyond the Gates of Splendor (a documentary about the 5 missionaries killed in Ecuador almost 50 years ago - Nate Saint, Jim Elliot, Pete Fleming, Roger Yoderian, Ed McCully), journaled in response to that emotion-evoking experience.

Thursday - dragged myself out of bed, went to work, went for a 4.2 mile walk with my friend Sarah - good chats and good exercise, went to a dinner for MH International Student hosts, talked on the phone.

Friday - hardly was able to get out of bed, went to work, and that is where I am now, but eyeing the clock and seeing a pile of work still to be done. Tonight I'm hanging out for a fun night with my house church and hopefully my brother.

Saturday - maybe I'll sleep in? Either that or go visiting with my friend Gail to Bosnian refugee's homes, then I'm going home to spend time with my family for the evening.

Sunday - church, going to Meijer Gardens with my Indian friend Karthika, doing my EWI reading and homework.

Ahhhh, that explains some tiredness experienced, but it also explains the contented, happy feeling I have because I know that my life is not being wasted. GOOOOOOD times. And, it's two weeks now until I go to England!!!!!!! A random flitting thought as I was thinking about other things I am hoping to do in the near future, that my trip to England cuts right into trying to plan stuff...whoa, I thought, to even slightly not want to go because of exciting gospel/fun opportunities here was a HUGE thing, but it passed and I've chatted online with my England friends several times this week, very excited to see the dear folk.

Well, must finish up here and go home. Nice sunny day again - stupendous, actually. I can't count the number of days in a row it's been sunny. Love it! yay spring! :-) And, it's 70 degrees F out (21 C). Wonderful! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home