boot-scootin boogie, barns and babysitting
How much fun can be packed into 24 hours? Let me tell you what!Friday night I met up with my friend Sarah and we went to the Bresa del Rio for a fun girls' night out country line dancing. It was a blast kicking up our heels! And I'm getting better at it, which makes it more fun. I hadn't been there since last July. And I'll tell you what, I got my workout for the day (even though I had been running already in the morning)...dancing for much of the 4 hours we were there and warding off (and/or enjoying lol!) flirtatious interactions with the wannabee cowboys the rest of the time. A great time was had by all. And to quote an old friend, "I still got it."
Saturday morning my phone rang much too early for having been out late the night before, but I was expecting the call from Kristin telling me when she and Renae were leaving for The Red Barn. So I dragged myself from bed, threw on some workclothes, and climbed into Kristin's car, happy she had brought me coffee. Then the fun began. Time for showing off muscle and pure grit and determination as we hammered, pryed, sawed, lifted, and hacked away at Curt and Kate's barn. Talk about a workout! (And I got to see my nephews, who joined in to "help" in the effort). The barn "razing" is captured in pictures that will soon be posted on Kate and Curt's blog. You can see me using a saw, climbing around on the frame of a 150 year old barn, and showing off my makeshift duct-tape bandaid, among other pictures. Incredible time. I love the feeling of exerting myself and pouring all the strength I have into something, and the feeling when the effort proves successful. And I love using power tools. "Arhhhh arrhhh arrhhhhhh."
And now Saturday evening, I sit here in a silent house, the 5 little girls I am babysitting asleep (I think) even after candy, popcorn, Krispy Kremes, and silliness. We had fun. But it's good to be quiet myself after such a full 24 hours. I'm glad not every weekend is like this one, but this one is quite tops in my book for "life well lived and enjoyed", and it's not even over yet.
In the next 24 hours, I will be going to my friend Sierra's wedding, enjoying a Sunday gathering at Mars Hill (where Troy and Don will be leading us into the season of Lent, and I look forward greatly to learning more about it and engaging with it), perhaps doing some homework, and attempting to save our 15 goldfish from certain death by Ick. I love weekends!


3 Comments:
FR! Wow...sounds like you have had a full weekend! And cowboys....grrrrrrowl! Hehe. I miss you! Now go save those fishies!
It sounds like you had a fun time. My mom and Dad went to a dance this past weekend. It was all sorts of different kinds of ethnic dances. My mom wants me to come next time. Maybe you can come. I want to get a bunch of girls together and go for a night. They usually have them at grace bible also. So I will have to see. My fun filled weekend will be this weekend. I'm headed for the windy city. With some friends to go visit the Moodies at Moody Bible Institude. It will be a blast. I was in Detroit for the first time two weeks ago where I attened an all afican american church and it was so sweet to see how they worshipped it made me want to be in heaven even more. Well, it is kinda late I thought I would just say hi since I haven't checked in in a while. Take care and God Bless. And watch out for those cowboys. lol. good night.
I like the part of the story when your friend Kristin brings you a cup of coffee on early on a Saturday morning. She sounds So nice! I bet she's hot too! :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home