on saying farewell
Seven years ago, I could not even imagine how deeply a friendship could have an impact on my life. Only God could have orchestrated such a thing, "randomly" putting me and Moriah together as freshman year roommates. Amazing that we're still friends... amazing how much God has done in the course of these 7 years, highs and lows, goods and bads, joy and pain...I do not deserve the faithful patience I've been given. She's experienced my rough spots, and some of them, through our friendship, have been smoothed a bit. How thankful I am for the sharpening of being known and loved deeply, and knowing and loving deeply.
I'm usually the one leaving on some adventure. But this time, it's Moriah who's going, and me who's staying put. I'm trying to get my head and heart round that reality. Rejoicing for her opportunity to serve God overseas (jealous a bit...how I miss living abroad!). Sorrowing for the loss of nearness, especially since I've only recently come out of a low spot and things are good between us again. So glad for God's goodness and restoration. Excited to see His hand on both our lives, guiding and directing.
New adventures await both of us. It will be interesting to see what God has in store as we part ways again. Waiting expectantly for God to respond and meet us exactly where we each need Him most. I do know that this is one way God teaches us to long for Heaven and Home...the place of no more goodbyes or farewells or see ya laters. It'll be one big party...one big family reunion...I can't wait!
"There are no 'good-byes' - just 'see ya later'."
Because of You (Moriah's Song)
{hear it}
Crafted in God's Love
We were meant to be
A friendship of the soul
Sharpen you, sharpen me
How can I put into words
All you are to me, what you've given me
And how my life is changed
Because of you
Woven in God's Grace
Life's hurts we can see
Delight, pain, fruit and joy
Cry for you, cry for me
How can I put into words
All you are to me, what you've given me
And how my life is changed
Because of you
Travelers in God's Plan
We will trust and see
Our hearts forever one
Hope for you, hope for me
How can I put into words
All you are to me, what you've given me
And how my life is changed...it's changed
So full, so rich, so deep...
Because of you
Because of you
Because of you.
by fcm 2003




3 Comments:
Now she'll has a stamp on her passport!
And when she comes back to America, you'll understand her struggles.
Well it'll be her second stamp in her passport...
Here's to your mixed cup of farewell, I'll have it in a few weeks...
Where's she going?!
Post a Comment
<< Home